Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grandpa Charlie

Well today would have been Grandpa Charlie's birthday. I can honestly say that I had one of the best Grandpa's in the world. He was so loving, and so funny. I remember him sitting in his recliner either sleeping or smiling at us all the time. He helped me buy my first car, was at just about everyone of our sporting events cheering us on, letting us stick suction cup arrows to his bald head(leaving bruise marks when removed), telling dirty jokes to my brother Kyle, and always enjoying our family time together. We miss you Grandpa, and only wish you could have seen our kids growing up as well.



Photobucket



This was the one outfit that he got Spencer that he loved him in. I still even put Cooper in this outfit and think of Grandpa when I do.

Photobucket

Grandpa and Aunt Lynne about a month before he passed away.


Photobucket



I wish I had time to go through all my pictures and find more, but Cooper just wants my attention today. I guess that is what Grandpa would have wanted, me playing with my boys and not pining over him today.

WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU!

4 comments:

The Garske's said...

Oh, he looks like he was so sweet!! Happy b-day grandpa!

The Rose Queen said...

How sweet! You really want me tearing today don't you!!? What a nice tribute!

That Nora Girl said...

I agree, a very nice tribute. More people like your Grandpa need to exist.

Breanna said...

how sweet. he looked so fun!