Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My trip to Maryland and Pennsylvania

Well, I spent this past weekend in Maryland and in Pennsylvania meeting up with two of my two very good BBC(babycenter)friends.It really felt like I was going on a blind date. I have been chatting with Pauline for almost 2 years now so I was pretty sure she was not a hairy overweight bald dude trying to pick up on a mom with 3 kids. But still when left on Friday afternoon I was so excited but also so nervous to meet her. Once I saw her and gave her a big hug, I knew we were going to have a great time. We stayed up until after 1 am talking and laughing, like we had known each other all our lives. Then on Saturday we headed out to PA to meet up with Hayley, she too was not an Internet freak, so I was two for two on trusting my instincts. We had dinner and went back to Hayley's house and stayed the night with her and again was up until almost 1 am. After spending time there that morning we headed back to Baltimore to pickup Pauline's family, and headed down to Washington DC. This was my first time there and Pauline's husband was a great tour guide. We had a wonderful time walking around and then driving around to the different sights. We ended our evening at a seafood buffet, we had to have that being in Maryland and all, yummm crab! After getting home and talking to the wee hours again, I was really starting to get tired. Monday my flight did not leave until that evening so I was able to go out and meet some of Pauline's friends for lunch, they were all so nice and had beautiful children. Speaking of beautiful kids, Pauline's girls were an absolute joy to be with. They are so cute and so lovable, they were pretty sad to see me go. Oh and Hayley's little Ethan is one cute little boy, and boy can that kid stack blocks, sweet, sweet, sweet!

I got home late Monday night so the boys got to see me when I woke them up for school. They were so happy to see me, especially Cooper. Although he has yet to let me out of his sight, even to take out the trash he has to be with me. I feel regenerated, and am ready to be mom again.

I am so blessed to have a husband like I do that would even let me go and take a break clear across the country. So thanks Tim, I love you!!!!

Thank you Pauline and Glenn for having me out there to stay at your house. I had such a wonderful time. Hayley and Garrett thank you for also opening up your house for us to stay there, oh and thanks for the wine Garrett! I can't wait till you both can come visit me out here.

4 comments:

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

Gen, I had an absolutely great time meeting you. You are awesome and I can't wait to see you again sometime!!!!

3LittleFlowers said...

As I told you over the messenger, Im really happy about this!! Cant wait until we can all meet.. SOME DAY!!!!

3LittleFlowers said...

BTW, stop by my blog... I have a giveaway this week.....

The Rose Queen said...

Oh Gen you know that I am still beyond thrilled that you were able to come out!!! I so can't wait until I can come out there too! WE have such an awesome time here & def. at Hayley's!!!